Sunday, June 24, 2012

Photos of my sister's Birthday party we had for her..

Hello there and welcome to my blog. The kiddos have been with us a couple days now and we have been so busy and I haven't had time to sit down.. much less blog about anything. 
Today I am posting photos of what we did on my baby sister's birthday. The kiddos had a GREAT day and certainly want to CELEBRATE every year. They are such strong lil people and I couldn't be any prouder of them. I know my sister is super proud as well. This post will be SUPER pic heavy, but hey.. gotta live a lil right?? hehe...  

This is the BEAUTIFUL cake we had made for our party!! Isn't it gorgeous??  The Walmart bakery made this and did an awesome job!! It was super yummy too!!!
(below: closest to furthest) My daughter, Candace, niece Taylor, Nephew Troy, son Colton, Nephew Trevor. They had a blast swimming and soaking up the sun.
Later, we went to the cemetery to send off balloons to my sweet baby sister in Heaven. These are her babies, Taylor, Troy, Trevor.
My sister's kiddos, my kiddos, and me. Getting ready to let them go. We synchronized with our family in Michigan to let the balloons go at the EXACT same time.. 5:47pm.. the time my sister was born.

Then we went to the house and the kids all made their own pizzas. They LOVE doing this!! 
After we all ate.. we sang Happy Birthday and the kids enjoyed the beautiful cake!! 
Then.. we all wound down with a lil fishing at my neighbor's pond. The kids love going there and always catch something. Colton was the first to catch a fish.. on his lil SPIDERMAN pole, nonetheless. hehe ( The first photo is my nephew Troy)
My niece Taylor above..  
 Colton has a big one..
Colton ended up catching 3 catfish!! He was so proud.
Taylor caught a lil blue gill.. hehe
Trevor joined us a lil bit later and decided to try his fishing skills out. 
Well, I had one more thing to do.. I bought a lil light to take to the cemetery. The kids didn't want to go.. really they didn't want to stop fishing... So this was my opportunity to go alone and have a little time alone at the cemetery. 

So.. even thru the tears that fell from my face all day.. I found the strength to make this an amazing day for the kiddos. They LOVED the plans and want to celebrate this special day the exact same way every year. I know this day will forever be on their minds and in their hearts. I am so blessed to be able to share these very special moments with them and look forward to each and every day. 

Saturday we had a big day as well.. so watch out for another heavily loaded post. The kids had a blast!!  

Thank you for stopping by and remember.. those whom we have lost will always be in our hearts. I know it isn't always easy to remember, they are always there. 

Hugs, 
Tanya

2 comments:

Lovebug Creations said...

I am so proud of you...I know how hard this was for you to post and how special of a day it was. You are an amazing Aunt and the kiddos are so lucky to have you! What a great way to celebrate with them! XOXO
Kimi

myself said...

hugs to you, tanya! it was a beautiful day, full of beautiful memories. thank you for sharing it with all of us.